With 2020 almost behind us, it’s time to look ahead. What better way to do so than with price predictions! In today’s piece we’re going to be shining the spotlight on Ripple (XRP) price predictions for 2021 and beyond. Strap yourselves in, it’s going to be an interesting ride.
What Is Ripple?
Let’s start at the beginning and cover what is Ripple and why you need to know about it. First off, it’s important to understand the difference between Ripple, Ripple Net, and XRP. Ripple is the payment system that is founded and operated by Ripple Net, and XRP is the cryptocurrency that fuels the network. Ripple’s core business is sending money across borders at lightning speeds and for a fraction of the cost that traditional payment methods cost. Ironically, or to the advantage of those using them, large payment and remittance platforms have taken to using the Ripple protocol, facilitating faster and cheaper transactions across the world. A number of banks around the world are also adopting this payment system.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Ripple (XRP)
Ripple Net is a privately owned company, meaning that the entire cryptocurrency network is privately owned. This doesn’t exactly fit neatly into the “decentralized” nature of cryptocurrencies, however, it does offer a unique value in that it is at the forefront of bridging the gap between the blockchain world and the traditional financial world, which of course leads to more crypto exposure. Here are a few advantages and disadvantages that Ripple brings to the table:
- Speed. Ripple offers a highly scalable network with transactions that can operate at 1,500 TPS (transactions per second).
- Already trusted by big corporations. Ripple is already integrated into over 300 companies around the world, proving that it is a trusted and versatile product.
- Low price. Trading at a much lower price to the rest of the top 5 cryptocurrencies, XRP serves as a budget-friendly entry into the crypto world (although it wasn’t technically designed to be a store of value).
- High market cap. While the current trading price of XRP might be under $1, the market cap sits at an impressive $11 billion proving its incredible use case.
- Low volatility. Ripple has proven over the years to have one of the lowest volatility levels, especially when compared to top cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Slow Adoption Rates. While the market cap is high and a number of important financial institutions have adopted the payment network, the rate at which it’s doing so has been slow.
- Institutions Don’t Use XRP. Not all financial institutions using the Ripple payment network use XRP, if they did this would increase the price ten fold. More research and technological developments need to be done before this becomes a reality.
Ripple (XRP) Price Predictions for 2021 And Beyond
Now for the fun part, the Ripple (XRP) price predictions. See below who had what to say about the future of XRP’s value:
Moody, one of the “Big Three” credit rating agencies, estimates that in 2021 XRP will move above the $2 mark. They believe that the institutional interest will continue to grow, steadily pushing the value up.
The next 2021 prediction is from Crypto Coin Society which predicts that the XRP price will reach $0.95 before the end of the year. They believe the coin will increase roughly 325% following some keen business decisions.
CoinLiker.com predicted a slightly higher figure for XRP, predicting that it will open the new year and maintain a level of $0.3389 for the first two months of 2021.
Algorithmic analysis puts XRP at $4.50 in 2025, should it find more support from financial institutions in Europe and Latin American markets. With further institutional adoption, the cryptocurrency should gain price increases as well as further momentum.
If all goes according to plan and Ripple Net continues driving business ventures and partnerships around the world, it is estimated that XRP might reach $17 – $20.
Time Will Tell
Designed to be a B2B (business to business) service as opposed to an investment, Ripple offers a solid product under great leadership. What happens in the next few years is anyone’s guess, so ensure that you take these Ripple (XRP) price predictions for 2021 and beyond for what they are and not financial advice. If you are looking to onboard the legendary product, you can do so effortlessly and instantly with your debit or credit card.
Oobit Technologies Pte, 50 Raffles Place #37-00 Singapore Land Tower, Singapore (048623). is a company registered in Singapore (no:201716443G), that has been approved as Appointed Representative of Oobit Technologies OÜ, Harju maakond, Tallinn, Lasnamäe linnaosa, Väike-Paala tn 2, 11415, (no: 14852617 ). Which is authorized and regulated by the FIU (no: FVR001421 and FRK001304).